Product: DHC Super Collagen Cream
Price: $50.00 (Retail)
Where to Buy: Amazon
Net wt: 1.7 oz.
Use: Skin care, daily facial
My Rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars
My DHC Super Collagen Cream Review
In continuing with our series on the best skincare over 50, I wanted to give you a review of this product. As a reminder, collagen works to improve the elasticity of skin while reducing wrinkles and it boosts hydration.
This is the cream that I have been using as my daily moisturizer for about four months now. If you’ve been following my posts, you know that I started with the DHC Deep Cleansing Oil. I loved it so much that I tried the DHC Extra Nightime Moisture (see that review here). So naturally I wanted to try another one of DHC’s products when I got low on my day cream. I really wasn’t happy with what I was using, so I figured why not. These first two products from DHC had done me right. Now, let me say that I’m not one that has to stick with one particular brand, so this is a big deal for me to use so many products from one brand.
First…a little about DHC. Founded in Japan in the 1970s, one of their core Japanese values is providing top-quality antioxidant skin care products. With their DHC USA located in the San Francisco Bay Area, they continue to work towards providing best-in-class beauty products.
DHC touts the following:
- DHC Super Collagen Cream is a hydrating, collagen-boosting facial moisturizer for all skin types;
- A nourishing facial moisturizer formulated with their patented
Dipeptide-8 to deliver their highest concentration of micronized collagen
to skin’s top layer promoting a smoother, brighter complexion;
- Deeply moisturizes with a complex of olive, rapeseed and jojoba oils, as well as brightens with vitamin C derivatives;
- Helps protect skin from free-radical damage that accelerates signs of aging; and
- Does not contain added fragrances, colorants, mineral oil or parabens.
Key Ingredients + Benefits:
- Dipeptide-8: Developed by DHC scientists in Japan, this patented
peptide is a smaller skin-firming collagen molecule that instantly
absorbs to deliver maximum hydration.
- Olive fruit oil: Rich in antioxidants, it maintains the skin’s
moisture barrier and helps fight damage caused by free radicals without
clogging pores. Olive fruit oil contains vitamin E and helps draw moisture into the skin.
- Jojoba oil: This easily absorbed oil derived from a desert shrub moisturizes and conditions skin. It is an antioxidant and thought to kill some bacterial and fungi. It also aids in healing the skin, including skin drying conditions such as eczema and psoriasis, as well as helps to heal scars.
- Sodium hyaluronate: Easily absorbed nutrient, antioxidant and moisturizer. It also helps retain moisture and heal wounds.
- Rapeseed oil: Emollient oil rich in vitamin E, which protects skin against free radicals, such as UV light, radiation, and air pollutants.
- Tocopherol (vitamin E): An antioxidant that reduces the effects of UV radiation.
Another notable feature is the texture. The Super Collagen Cream is light and non-greasy, but leaves the skin with a natural glow.
Compare the Cost – Is This Product Worth It?
Coming in at $50.00 I’d say the cost is about middle of the road. More than what you’d pay for most drugstore offerings, but not so much that it breaks the bank. Below are prices on collagen creams that are considered to be among the best in 2019.
Olay’s Regenerist Micro-Scultping Cream.
A jar, size 1.7 oz. is $20.03 at Amazon and has a 4-star rating. While the Olay costs less, in my opinion (based on experience),
it doesn’t work as well…more like it’s better than nothing, but not
what I’d consider effective.
A comparible price is Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare C+ Collagen Deep Cream. A jar, size 1.7 oz. costs $57.60 at Amazon and has a 4.7-star rating. I don’t know much about this product…never used it.
On the high end we have the Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Cream. A 1.6 oz. jar will run you $128.00 at Amazon with a 4.3-star rating. I’m not sure why this one is so special for the price other than it has Mediterranean algae in it…not sure what that’s supposed to do.
I highly recommend DHC’s Super Collagen Cream. I love the way it feels on my face. It penetrates the skin so it doesn’t feel greasy. My skin remains soft throughout the day, even on the days when I don’t wear makeup. I also like that it is fragrant free.
I can tell that this cream has made a difference in the elasticity of my skin. I am actually on my second jar and couldn’t be happier with it. Well…I guess the only thing that would make me happier is if it had SPF in it. Oh well, I just use a separate SPF made for the face when I’m out and about. Otherwise, I’d have to say it is a “super” amazing cream.
Where to Find This Super Product
The pricing for this product is the same whether you get it directly from DHC, Ulta, or Amazon. If you’re like me you wait until you’re almost out, so I recommend Amazon because of the delivery time. I have ordered from both DHC and Ulta and had to wait at least a week to receive products from them. With Amazon Prime I get it in two days. Woo Hoo!
I hope you’ve enjoyed this review and are excited about making improvements to your skincare routine. Just making it this far shows you’re serious about minimizing those wrinkles and pores and tightening your skin.
I would love for you to leave me a comment and/or question. Have you used this product? Are you considering this product? Just drop me line and I’ll be happy to respond back.
Thank you! And have a fantastic day!